UPDATE: Barbour County fire caused by space heater

BARBOUR COUNTY, W.Va (WDTV) -- UPDATE 2:38 PM
According to Philippi Fire Chief, a fire in Barbour County was caused by a space heater.

The fire began at around 8:00 a.m. Wednesday morning at a home on Bushy Fork Road. The residents were not home at the time.

The home was ruled a total loss.



UPDATE 9:20 AM
According to fire officials, a home on Bushy Fork Road was ruled a total loss.

The residents were not home at the time of the fire.

The cause of the flames is unknown at this time. Officials are investigating.

The Fire Marshal was notified.



ORIGINAL STORY

Fire crews are on scene with a working structure fire in Barbour County.

According to 911 officials the flames started just before 8:00 AM on Brushy Fork Road.

Not many details have been released at this time. A 5 News reporter is headed to the scene. Stay with us for the latest updates.