BRIDGEPORT, W.Va. (WDTV) -- WEB EXCLUSIVE
Question: What would a patient experience in the Bridge Program’s monthly clinic?
Answer: The Bridge Program brings together health care professionals from multiple disciplines to create a comprehensive care plan tailored to the specific needs of each patient.
During the half-day clinic, each patient has the opportunity to meet individually with a nurse practitioner, licensed social worker, dietician, psychiatrist, physical therapist, and occupational therapist.
Those Enrolled In the Program Will:
· Meet with multiple care providers in a half-day clinic
· Receive a comprehensive, person-centered survivorship plan on the day of attendance
· Meet with other survivors and their families
· Receive information on valuable resources to survivors of lung cancer
· Have continued assistance from a program coordinator, who will ensure the needs identified in the survivorship plan are met
In the months following the clinic, the patient can expect follow-up communication from the program coordinator and additional assessments that are completed to ensure patient satisfaction and assistance with ongoing health concerns/needs.