Written by Whitney Wetzel
Last updated on December 12, 2012 @ 2:23PM
Created on December 12, 2012 @ 10:44PM
Tuesday night about a fire at a home in Monongalia County had crews busy for quite some time. Wednesday, 5 News found out a few more details. It turns out, a homeowner had to be taken to the hospital for second degree burns on his hands.
This all happened at a home on Riverview Avenue in Westover. Firefighters said the flames started in the basement, after a spark from something electrical lit the gas fumes from outdoor equipment that was being stored down there.
Crews were able to keep the fire contained to the basement and knock the blaze out within 15 minutes.
A fire in Monongalia County had crews busy making sure it didn't spread anywhere else in the home.
It was originally reported as a fire in the back room of the house on Riverview Avenue in Westover.
5 News isn't sure how much damage it caused, but we do know it was starting to creep up the walls before firefighters put it out.
You must have an active WDTV.COM user account to post comments. Please login
to your account, or create
your free account today!