National News | Closings | Funerals | HighScore | Monday's Most Wanted | Crime Watch | TV Listings | Lottery | Bio's | FCC File | More ›
   
 
World Series Game 2 Tonight @ 8:00 PM on Fox
 
 
5 NEWS UPDATE: Candle To Blame For Fire Destroying Home
Written by Nicole Porter
Last updated on April 01, 2014 @ 6:04PM
Created on March 31, 2014 @ 7:14AM

UPDATE: Tuesday, April 1

Officials say a candle is to blame for a fire that destroyed a home in Harrison County Monday morning.

The power was out at Campbell Run Road, so the family lit a candle in the bathroom. The candle apparently fell over into a pile of laundry, caught the bathroom on fire, and spread to the rest of the house.

Once the family realized what happened, they couldn't call 911 since the power was out. By the time they got to their neighbors, the home was already engulfed in flames.

UPDATE: Monday, March 31, 8 a.m.

Firefighters said flames destroyed a Harrison County home Monday morning.

When crews got to the scene on Campbell Run Road in Good Hope, flames had already covered the two-story farm house. The home started to collapse shortly after crews arrived.

People were inside the home when the fire started but everyone made it out safely.

Several pumpers had to be brought in to get water to the house.

No word on what caused the fire.

 

ORIGINAL: Monday, March 31, 7 a.m.

Firefighters from both Harrison and Lewis counties are currently battling a fire on Campbell Run Road in Good Hope. It started around 6:30 a.m. Monday.

5 News has a reporter on the way to the scene.

Check back for details as they become available.


Share
Add your Comment
You must have an active WDTV.COM user account to post comments. Please login to your account, or create your free account today!

Comments (1)
Apr 02, 2014 at 11:29 AM
Most accidental candle fires like this can be prevented!

Kevin's Kandles provide an innovative concept in safer emergency candles for illumination. These candles are Much Safer than traditional candles, Convenient, Inexpensive and Environmentally Friendly. If a Kevin's Kandle is left unattended - it will go out; if it is tipped over - it will go out! Ideal for Emergency and Disaster Preparedness. Less than 20? per 10 hour candle. Help reduce the risk of accidental candle fires in our communities by visiting www.asafercandle.com DEMO VIDEO:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JQxHnofsku0
WDTV on Facebook
WDTV on Twitter
WDTV on YouTube
Contact WDTV
WDTV RSS Feeds
WDTV SMS
WDTV Mobile App