Written by Your 5News Team
Last updated on June 17, 2013 @ 12:43PM
Created on June 17, 2013 @ 1:24PM
5 News Update:
The State Fire Marshal's Office has told 5 News that the fire that burned down a Barbour County home last week is believed to be a case of arson.
No one was hurt, but the family was ready to move into their new home in just a few weeks. They found it on Friday morning after it burned to the ground.
Officials said when they arrived on scene the house was already gone. Anyone with information is asked to call the Barbour County Sheriff's Department.
A new home burned to the ground Friday morning in Barbour County. That fire is being called suspicious.
The home apparently caught fire around 2:00 a.m.. Crews received the call about the fire around 7:00 a.m. but the home had already burned to the ground by the time they arrived on scene.
A family was about to move in, but none of the utilities were hooked up yet, so it is being considered suspicious.
The State Fire Marshal's Office will investigate the scene.
You must have an active WDTV.COM user account to post comments. Please login
to your account, or create
your free account today!