5 NEWS UPDATE:
Walmart officials have responded back to 5 News. They are taking this allegation very seriously. They said they are planning to issue an official response to the investigation when they have more concrete information.
Marcus Blankenship, the man who bought the steaks, also told 5 News he had to go to the hospital to be treated for what he claimed is severe food poisoning.
One Randolph County resident claims the steaks he bought from the Walmart in Elkins were contaminated by what looked like maggots.
He said he bought a couple of them on the third of July, cooked them on the fourth, and that the expiration date wasn't until July seventh, 2013. Marcus Blankenship and his family ate several of the steaks, before he claims he looked more closely at the meat and saw the creatures moving around.
He immediately called the Elkins Walmart. Apparently, they told him they could offer him a refund or an exchange, but didn't say what they would do about examining possibly other contaminated meat.
Blankenship took the steak to the Randolph-Elkins Health Department for testing. The health inspector confirmed to 5 News that he went to the Walmart in Elkins to check out their other meat, but he didn't find any problems.
He said there's definitely something on the steak samples, but he's not sure what exactly they are. He may send them to Charleston for further testing. He said he also wants to investigate what may have happened to the steaks before they were cooked.
Blankenship said it's scary to think about contaminated meat possibly slipping through the cracks.
He said, "It's going to take me a long time to eat a piece of meat for the simple fact that it was supposed to be inspected. The store should be inspecting it. It wasn't inspected properly or it could be slaughtered meat that was already infected."
5 News reached out to Walmart's corporate headquarters for a response, but they haven't responded yet.