Fire officials have confirmed the fire at the apartment complex is under control. They said it was contained to a porch on the second floor that was apparently caused by a unattended cigarette.
One person was inside the apartment at the time, but no one was hurt.
Just before 9 o'clock Saturday night, a fire apparently broke out at an apartment complex in Shinnston.
According to Harrison/Taylor 911, it happened at Church Court.
Shinnston Fire, Spelter Fire, Lumberport Fire, and Worthington Fire are all on scene.
A 5 News reporter is on the way to the scene right now. Stay with 5 News for the latest.