National News | Closings | Funerals | HighScore | Monday's Most Wanted | Local Jobs | TV Listings | Lottery | Bio's | More ›
Fire Chief: Cigarette Likely to Blame for Trailer Fire
Written by Your 5News Team
Last updated on April 11, 2013 @ 11:40PM
Created on April 11, 2013 @ 10:55PM
Investigators think a cigarette is the reason a family is now left without a home.
A fire broke out inside a trailer around 8:15 off of Van Voorhis Road. The trailer was destroyed. The fire was so extensive that the trailer next door even suffered several thousands of dollars worth of damage.
"A cigarette butt was in the bedroom apparently in a duffel bag, put in a duffel bag. The duffel bag caught on fire, and that story coincides with the parent's story that there was a fire in the bedroom," said Star City VFD Chief Joh Huber
Several fire departments worked to finally get it under control. A firefighter had to be treated for minor injuries.

Add your Comment
You must have an active WDTV.COM user account to post comments. Please login to your account, or create your free account today!

Comments (0)
5 News Most Popular
WDTV on Facebook
WDTV on Twitter
WDTV on YouTube
Contact WDTV
WDTV Mobile App