Written by Your 5News Team
Created on December 07, 2012 @ 11:10PM
Several Harrison County fire departments were on the scene of a fire at a compressor station in Good Hope Friday night. It started around 7:45 p.m. on Isaac's Creek Road.
Officials with the West Milford Volunteer Fire Department said Antero Resources owns the property, and it leases to Enervest, who operates it. They said crews were on scene to make sure the fire stayed under control until Antero and Enervest workers got there to shut down the compressor's pressure. When they did, the fire went out.
A compressor station takes natural gas and feeds it to other stations at a high pressure.
We're told a mechanical failure could be to blame for the fire.
You must have an active WDTV.COM user account to post comments. Please login
to your account, or create
your free account today!