National News | Closings | Funerals | HighScore | Monday's Most Wanted | Crime Watch | TV Lisitngs | Lottery | Bio's | FCC File | More ›
   
 
 
 
Garage Fire Leads to Boil Water Advisory in Barbour County
Written by Your 5News Team
Last updated on March 11, 2013 @ 6:16PM
Created on March 08, 2013 @ 10:31AM
 
Century-Volga PSD customers from Audra State Park to Belington are under a boil water advisory.  This is due to a garage fire Friday morning.
 
The fire started around 7:15 Friday morning in Barbour County.
 
A man who was inside at the time says he was getting ready to work on a truck when he heard some kind of explosion. Liquid propane was stored in the garage. For safety measures, crews let it burn out, which took about three to four hours.
 
"We wanted to make sure everyone was safe, and protected from explosions. Our concern was the possibility of an explosion of the LP tank. We believe we have everything under control, and we're just monitoring it," said Chief Phil Hart of the Belington Fire Department.
 
Crews responded from Barbour, Upshur, Randolph, and Preston Counties.
 
Investigators are ruling the fire accidental. The garage is a total loss.

Share
Add your Comment
You must have an active WDTV.COM user account to post comments. Please login to your account, or create your free account today!

Comments (0)
WDTV on Facebook
WDTV on Twitter
WDTV on YouTube
Contact WDTV
WDTV RSS Feeds
WDTV SMS
WDTV Mobile App