Grafton Family Home Destroyed After Grill Fire
Written by Your 5News Team
Last updated on April 20, 2013 @ 9:23PM
Created on April 20, 2013 @ 6:32PM
What started as cooking dinner on the grill, ended in the loss of a family's home in Grafton.
Just after 3:30 Saturday afternoon, multiple crews responded to a fire at a home on Beverlin Aly. A family of four was home at the time. Firefighters said the homeowner lit up his grill and walked away.
About 10 minutes later there was a small explosion. The grill was on the back porch, which was covered, and so flames quickly spread to the attic and throughout the house.
The good news is that everyone was able to get out safely. It took crews about an hour to get the blaze under control, but the home is considered a total loss.
Add your CommentYou must have an active WDTV.COM user account to post comments. Please login to your account, or create your free account today!