House Burns, Woman Rushes to Warn Neighbors
Written by Your 5News Team
Last updated on March 28, 2013 @ 6:59PM
Created on March 28, 2013 @ 10:21PM
A home caught fire in Harrison County around 9:00 p.m. Wednesday, scaring a neighbor into thinking her family was in trouble.
The woman opened her bathroom window because she was hot and that's when it filled with smoke. She ran to get her son out of the house and called 911.
Once she realized it wasn't her house, she went door to door trying to get neighbors out of their homes.
When firefighters got there they found a vacant house on Boyd Street burning. It started on the first floor and worked its way into the attic. It took crews about 20 minutes to get it under control. Most of the damage was on the back side of the structure. No furniture was inside.
Utilities weren't hooked up and the city investigator was called in to figure out how it started. The blaze is being considered suspicious.
Add your CommentYou must have an active WDTV.COM user account to post comments. Please login to your account, or create your free account today!
5 News Most Popular