Written by Erin MacPherson
Last updated on January 05, 2013 @ 7:09PM
Created on January 05, 2013 @ 4:46PM
A Harrison County family is homeless after a fire destroyed their home Friday night.
Just before midnight a couple living on Johnstown Road was woken up with their house on fire. Firefighters said the couple had no choice but to jump out of their window. The two said they were just happy their children were staying at their grandparents and didn't have to experience this tragedy first hand.
Johnstown Fire Chief, John Chapman, told us the fire isn't suspicious; it was just a very old home. But he does consider it a total loss.
You must have an active WDTV.COM user account to post comments. Please login
to your account, or create
your free account today!