MTV cancels "Buckwild" after death of Shain Gandee
Written by Your 5News Team
Last updated on April 10, 2013 @ 6:26PM
Created on April 10, 2013 @ 11:13AM
(CBS NEWS) MTV has canceled "Buckwild" in the wake of star Shain Gandee's death, multiple reports said Tuesday.
A source close to the show told The Hollywood Reporter that the network will not move forward with the hit reality series. A network source also confirmed to Deadline that "Buckwild" will not resume production.
MTV suspended production on the second season of "Buckwild" last week after Gandee, 21, was found dead on April 1 in his vehicle along with his uncle and another man. All three men died of carbon monoxide poisoning, possibly caused by the tailpipe being submerged in mud.
TMZ, which first reported the news, said the network is expected to formally announce the show's cancellation on Wednesday morning. According to the website, four episodes of the second season have been filmed but will not air -- though a special that was taped before Gandee's death is reportedly expected to be broadcast.
Add your CommentYou must have an active WDTV.COM user account to post comments. Please login to your account, or create your free account today!