Stonewood Man Enters Guilty Plea in Child Neglect Case
Written by Nicole Porter
Last updated on March 29, 2013 @ 7:01PM
Created on March 29, 2013 @ 5:28PM
A Stonewood man originally charged with 22 counts of child neglect pleaded guilty to a separate charge in connection with the case Friday afternoon.
53-year-old Frank Cherubino told a judge that back in August, he saw bruises on a two-year-old girl at his home. He said he left and that when he came back, there were more bruises. Cherubino said he questioned 22-year-old Kelsey Turner about the bruises.
Turner was also charged in the case. She pleaded guilty to a reduced number of charges last month.
A grand jury only indicted Cherubino on three counts. They were one felony charge of gross child neglect causing risk of serious bodily injury or death, the misdemeanor charge of obstruction of a police officer and one count of use of a minor to produce obscene matter. He didn't admit to any of those, but rather, pleaded guilty to one count of child neglect resulting in bodily injury.
He faces a fine of $100 to $1,000, one to three years in the penitentiary or up to one year in the regional jail.
He'll be sentenced in May.
Add your CommentYou must have an active WDTV.COM user account to post comments. Please login to your account, or create your free account today!