NOW PLAYING: 5 News Evening Edition 5:00 PM - 6:30 PMWATCH NOW!
National News | Closings | Funerals | HighScore | Monday's Most Wanted | Crime Watch | TV Listings | Lottery | Bio's | FCC File | More ›
 
 
 
 
 
Two People Escape Burning Kitchen
Written by Tom Kippen
Last updated on August 30, 2013 @ 11:42PM
Created on August 30, 2013 @ 10:20PM

Two people managed to escape their home after a night of cooking took a wrong turn.

It happened around 8:30 p.m. along Sardis Road in Harrison County, Friday.

Investigators said a man was cooking and walked out of the room. But when he came back into the room, the appliance he was cooking with caught fire.

Investigators said he tried to put the fire out, but it spread too quickly.

The kitchen suffered most of the damage. The rest of the home suffered water and smoke damage.

 

 

 


Share
Add your Comment
You must have an active WDTV.COM user account to post comments. Please login to your account, or create your free account today!

Comments (1)
Aug 31, 2013 at 3:59 PM
I can't help it. You stated when he came back into the room, the appliance he was cooking with caught fire. Uh...wouldn't that 'appliance' be called a cookstove? And wouldn't the 'room' he went back into be called a 'kitchen?' Who writes these stories???
WDTV on Facebook
WDTV on Twitter
WDTV on YouTube
Contact WDTV
WDTV RSS Feeds
WDTV SMS
WDTV Mobile App