NOW PLAYING: 5 News Daybreak 5:30 AM - 7:00 AMWATCH NOW!
National News | Closings | Funerals | HighScore | Monday's Most Wanted | Crime Watch | TV Lisitngs | Lottery | Bio's | FCC File | More ›
   
   
 
5 NEWS UPDATE: Fire Official: Weston Fire Ruled Accidental, Started in Light Fixture
Written by Your 5News Team
Last updated on January 24, 2013 @ 11:59PM
Created on January 24, 2013 @ 11:55PM
UPDATE (1/24 11:45 PM):
 
Assistant State Fire Marshal Mackey Ayersman says the fire was an electrical fire.  He says it appears the fire started in a light fixture in the ceiling of the laundry room.
 
ORIGINAL STORY (1/23):
 
A Lewis County family is OK after smoke and flames ripped through their home Wednesday afternoon.

Shortly before 1 p.m., fire crews were called to a home on Court Avenue, just a block away from Robert L. Bland Middle School. The woman who lives in the home told firefighters the flames started in the laundry room. Her mother told us that her daughter tried to put out the flames but realized it wasn't working so she ran out of the house. No one else was home at the time.
 
The Weston Fire Department is still looking into the fire and hasn't decided if they will need to call in the State Fire Marshal's Office.

Share
Add your Comment
You must have an active WDTV.COM user account to post comments. Please login to your account, or create your free account today!

Comments (0)
WVFX FOX10 on Facebook
WVFX FOX10 on Twitter
WDTV on YouTube
Contact WDTV
WDTV RSS Feeds
WDTV SMS
WDTV Mobile App