Written by Your 5News Team
Last updated on February 16, 2013 @ 12:22AM
Created on February 15, 2013 @ 11:08PM
Crews say a fire at a home near Cheat Lake could have been much worse than it was.
Just before 9:00 p.m. Friday night, 911 got a call for a chimney fire at the home on Far Meadows in Fox Wood. The fire started to spread outside the chimney, but fire crews were able to keep it from spreading anymore.
It took about 20 minutes to get it under control, but not before causing an estimated $30,000 in smoke and water damage.
The homeowner was home at the time, but made it out safely. A Brookhaven firefighter went to Ruby Memorial Hospital for chest pains.
You must have an active WDTV.COM user account to post comments. Please login
to your account, or create
your free account today!