Written by Zach Maskell
Last updated on November 27, 2012 @ 11:12AM
Created on November 27, 2012 @ 1:50AM
Quick action by homeowners and firefighters saved a house from going up in flames early Tuesday morning.
Just after midnight, the smoke detectors went off in a house on Pennsylvania Avenue in Fairmont. When crews arrived on scene an area of the basement was on fire, but they were able to knock down the blaze within minutes.
The house suffered smoke and heat damage throughout, and officials on scene estimate a $25,000 repair bill.
You must have an active WDTV.COM user account to post comments. Please login
to your account, or create
your free account today!