Written by Your 5News Team
Last updated on January 04, 2013 @ 6:52PM
Created on January 04, 2013 @ 6:38PM
5 News is kicking off a three-week series on birth defects. This week, Dr. Lina Millan of United Hospital Center joined us to talk about the importance of folic acid. Click on the video link above to hear the answers to the following questions:
- What is folic acid, and why is it so important during pregnancy?
- How much folic acid should all women of childbearing age consume?
- Medical evidence has shown that folic acid can have an impact on spina bifida. What is the birth defect, and how common is it?
- When should folic acid be taken during pregnancy?
- Are there foods that contain folic acid?
You must have an active WDTV.COM user account to post comments. Please login
to your account, or create
your free account today!