Written by Nicole Porter
Last updated on January 23, 2013 @ 7:42PM
Created on January 23, 2013 @ 6:01PM
A Lewis County family is OK after smoke and flames ripped through their home Wednesday afternoon.
Shortly before 1 p.m., fire crews were called to a home on Court Avenue, just a block away from Robert L. Bland Middle School. The woman who lives in the home told firefighters the flames started in the laundry room. Her mother told us that her daughter tried to put out the flames but realized it wasn't working so she ran out of the house. No one else was home at the time.
The Weston Fire Department is still looking into the fire and hasn't decided if they will need to call in the State Fire Marshal's Office.
You must have an active WDTV.COM user account to post comments. Please login
to your account, or create
your free account today!