Gray Television supports local community interests by providing quality television broadcasting and exceptional service in each market we serve. We own and operate leading media outlets in over 50 markets throughout the country – all delivering the news, weather, sports and entertainment that millions of our neighbors count on every day. We are an unmatched broadcast pioneer that keeps getting bigger and better.
We constantly strive for excellence. Through upgrading to the latest technology and seeking new ways to stay on top in our markets, we focus on training and development of the best and brightest employees in the business.
WDTV (CBS), WVFX (FOX), EVFX (CW), and EDTV (MeTV) combine to provide local news and weather to all of North Central West Virginia. CBS and FOX combine to carry a predominant number of games for the local favorite Pittsburgh Steelers and FOX’s Big 12 affiliation brings us our treasured WVU football games. We are the largest TV source for local news and entertainment for our local 12 county area. Celebrating decades of service and as a local news leader, WDTV features a recently upgraded news studio and a news team dedicated to local news. We pride ourselves on breaking news and weather alerts, and digging deep into the issues affecting our communities. We’re dedicated to informing the public, utilizing television, social media and the area’s only live-streaming newscast. Our team produces six daily newscasts M-F and four newscasts each weekend. Among many other awards, WDTV has won the WV Broadcasters award 2 years in a row for the best morning newscast. WDTV has had the privilege of helping train and launch the careers of many well-known national journalists, top-market meteorologists, and network and cable executives. The work family of WDTV is made up of a group of dedicated professional and passionate individuals who are the backbone of our daily mission.
WDTV/WVFX is located in beautiful north central West Virginia, about 90 minutes south of Pittsburgh, and 30 minutes south of Morgantown. West Virginia in general is comprised of several small cities and very rural in nature making it a great small town family atmosphere.
WDTV is looking for a full-time producer. The ideal candidate will be able to make the newscast unique and memorable. We want someone who can thrive in a fast-paced, highly competitive work environment. This person must be an excellent writer, possess strong leadership and organizational skills and be able to perform well under pressure. The ideal candidate develops and enterprises stories daily and communicates well with co-workers and the community. The candidate will also be required to run the assignment desk and post stories to our station’s website. The ideal candidate must also be a team player.
* Must possess strong communication skills, both verbal and written
* Required to write copy and edit video into newscast and web formats
* Ensure content of each newscast is clear, concise and easily understandable by our viewers
* Responsible for determining story lineup and timing for each story or segment of newscast
* Work with anchors and reporters on story selection, writing and enterprise pieces
* Work with news team and production department for on-air promotion
* Must be able to develop and enterprise compelling stories that interest our viewers
* Present information on wdtv.com immediately and as updates become available
* Work with production staff to determine best use of graphics and coordination of live shots that will complement the stories included in each newscast
* Maintain a positive work environment through active team participation
* Develop good judgment and decision making skills by staying heavily involved
* Degree in Journalism or related field preferred
* Must be able to work flexible days and hours
* Ability to handle moderate to high stress and deadline pressure
Please apply online at www.gray.tv/applynow
Gray Television provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Gray Television complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Gray Television expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Gray Television’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.