Man may have accidentally set himself on fire, Charleston police say
A man’s body was found burned beyond recognition early Saturday.
Charleston Police say the body was found behind the Kanawha Mall around 2:30 a.m.
At first, investigators thought the man had been electrocuted, but say after reviewing the scene, it seems he accidentally set himself on fire.
At this time, no foul play is expected.
The body has been taken for an autopsy.
The Criminal Investigation Division of CPD is handling the incident.