Crews respond to morning fire in Shinnston

By  | 

SHINNSTON, W.Va. (WDTV)-- The Shinnston Fire Department responded to a house fire on East Avenue at 7:30 a.m. Sunday morning.

According to officials, smoke detectors are what woke up the resident to call 911.

A gas heater was said to have caused the house fire to start on the first floor and then spread to the next story.

No one was injured during the fire.

Officials were able to put the fire out around 9:45 a.m.

Stick with 5 News for the latest details.