Advertisement

Fire damages building in Elkins

(WAGM)
Published: Aug. 11, 2016 at 6:23 PM EDT
Email This Link
Share on Pinterest
Share on LinkedIn

A fire in Elkins Thursday morning damaged the Dollar Store and a dance studio, two separate floors of a three story building.

Several agencies responded to the fire at the old G.C. Murphy building. An official from the Elkins Fire Department tells 5 News that a refrigerator on the third floor short-circuited, sparking the fire. The sprinkler system had responded effectively, but left considerable water damage.

No one was injured. The Elkins Fire Department estimates that the damages could reach up to $25,000.