SCIOTO COUNTY, Ohio (WSAZ) -- A woman's home was destroyed after she says someone threw a lit bottle through her living room window.
Neighbors woke up around 1:30 a.m. the morning after Christmas to see the mobile home engulfed in flames.
William Shepherd lives across from the home on Big Bear Creek Road in the Otway area of Scioto County.
"I was in bed just lying there trying to go to sleep, and I heard a pop of glass," he said.
He says a woman lived there by herself. He saw her sitting in an ambulance that was parked in his driveway.
"I talked to her briefly," Shepherd said. "She said she couldn't put out the fire so she had to evacuate. She got out her dad's guitar and some other items, but it was a total shock to her when it happened."
She told Shepherd she doesn't have any enemies and couldn't imagine why anyone would do this.
"She couldn't think of anybody that she'd made mad or had any altercations with," Shepherd said, "so it's unknowable who could've done this and why. To have somebody do something like that is unbelievably heartbreaking. With all the drug activity around in this area, people walking up and down the roads, anything can happen."
The Ohio Fire Marshal's office is investigating. They told WSAZ on Monday that they don't have any updates on the investigation.