BRIDGEPORT, W.Va. (WDTV) - Gray Television
Gray Television supports local community interests by providing quality television broadcasting and exceptional service in each market we serve. We own and operate leading media outlets in over 50 markets throughout the country – all delivering the news, weather, sports and entertainment that millions of our neighbors count on every day. We are an unmatched broadcast pioneer that keeps getting bigger and better.
WDTV CBS Affiliate - A legacy station located in the beautiful mountains of West Virginia (the Clarksburg market #169) has a proud heritage with a forward thinking strategy. WVFX joins WDTV as a sister (FOX) affiliate along with the DT-2 outlets of EVFX (The CW) and EDTV – MeTV.. WDTV, WVFX and wdtv.com combine to provide local news and weather to all of North Central West Virginia. CBS and FOX combine to carry a predominant number of games for the local favorite Pittsburgh Steelers and FOX’s Big 12 affiliation brings us treasured WVU football games.
Gray Television seeks a dynamic Account Executive to join our growing team. An Account Executive is responsible for generating and closing new local direct TV business, as well as selling digital advertisements. The ideal candidate has strong communication and presentation skills and motivation to become the best.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
• A proven track record of closing new business
• Ability to make face to face outside sales visits
• Ability to generate sales leads
• Attract and close advertisers to sell products and services on all of our platforms (broadcast, web, digital and social media)
• Provide input on sales promotion ideas to sales management
• Retain current business and develop new business contacts
• Present marketing/advertising ideas to area businesses.
• Sell commercial advertising time and other station products to local advertisers
• Attain budgeted revenue goals through effective solicitations, promotions and service
• Understand the business objectives and advertising strategies of clients and find ways to help them achieve their objectives through effective advertising
• Other Duties as Assigned
Required Skills & Experience:
• Outside media sales experience preferred but not required
• Great communication and people skills
• Strong organizational, written and presentation skills
• Competitive, energetic and self-starter
• Ability to overcome objections
• Enjoy a fast paced environment with a desire to win
• Professional appearance a must
• Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
• Nielsen ratings experience a plus
• Must possess a valid Driver’s License with a good driving record
Please send resume to ATTN: Tricia Scott WDTV-WVFX-EVFX: 5 Television Drive Bridgeport, WV 26330
Or email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org