Villanova vs. Miami (FL) Women's Basketball Predictions & Picks - NCAA Tournament Sweet 16
Friday's game between the Villanova Wildcats (30-6) and Miami Hurricanes (21-12) squaring off at Bon Secours Wellness Arena has a projected final score of 70-61 (based on our computer prediction) in favor of Villanova, who is listed as the favorite by our model. The game will start at 2:30 PM ET on March 24.
In their most recent game on Monday, the Wildcats earned a 76-57 win against FGCU.
Villanova vs. Miami (FL) Game Info
- When: Friday, March 24, 2023 at 2:30 PM ET
- Where: Bon Secours Wellness Arena in Greenville, South Carolina
- How to Watch on TV: ESPN
Villanova vs. Miami (FL) Score Prediction
- Prediction: Villanova 70, Miami (FL) 61
Villanova Schedule Analysis
- The Wildcats captured their best win of the season on March 5 by securing a 63-61 victory over the Creighton Bluejays, a top 50 team in our computer rankings.
- The Wildcats have eight wins over Quadrant 1 teams, tied for the 17th-most in the nation.
- Villanova has the most Quadrant 2 victories in the nation (10).
- Against Quadrant 3 teams, the Wildcats are 8-0 (1.000%) -- tied for the 30th-most victories.
Villanova 2022-23 Best Wins
- 63-61 over Creighton (No. 17) on March 5
- 73-57 on the road over Creighton (No. 17) on January 20
- 76-57 at home over FGCU (No. 30) on March 20
- 69-59 on the road over Princeton (No. 38) on November 11
- 72-50 over South Florida (No. 39) on November 27
Miami (FL) Schedule Analysis
- The Hurricanes' signature win of the season came in a 70-68 victory against the No. 2 Indiana Hoosiers on March 20.
- The Hurricanes have six Quadrant 1 wins, tied for the 23rd-most in the nation. But they also have eight Quadrant 1 losses, tied for the 50th-most.
- When facing Quadrant 2 teams, Miami (FL) is 5-3 (.625%) -- tied for the 36th-most victories.
- The Wildcats have tied for the 30th-most Quadrant 3 wins in the country according to the RPI (eight).
Miami (FL) 2022-23 Best Wins
- 70-68 on the road over Indiana (No. 2/AP Poll) on March 20
- 77-66 at home over Virginia Tech (No. 4/AP Poll) on January 8
- 62-58 at home over North Carolina (No. 20/AP Poll) on January 5
- 86-82 at home over Florida State (No. 28) on February 9
- 62-61 over Oklahoma State (No. 41) on March 18
Villanova Performance Insights
- The Wildcats average 71 points per game (69th in college basketball) while giving up 58.4 per outing (42nd in college basketball). They have a +453 scoring differential overall and outscore opponents by 12.6 points per game.
- Villanova is averaging 70.5 points per game this year in conference games, which is 0.5 fewer points per game than its overall average (71).
- The Wildcats put up 72 points per game in home games, compared to 71.3 points per game when playing on the road, a difference of 0.7 points per contest.
- Villanova cedes 56.9 points per game when playing at home, compared to 55.1 on the road.
- In their last 10 games, the Wildcats have been racking up 68.3 points per contest, an average that's slightly lower than the 71 they've scored over the course of the 2022-23 season.
Miami (FL) Performance Insights
- The Hurricanes put up 70.5 points per game (76th in college basketball) while giving up 63.9 per outing (171st in college basketball). They have a +217 scoring differential and outscore opponents by 6.6 points per game.
- In conference play, Miami (FL) is averaging fewer points (67.3 per game) than it is overall (70.5) in 2022-23.
- At home the Hurricanes are scoring 74.8 points per game, 8.9 more than they are averaging away (65.9).
- In 2022-23 Miami (FL) is conceding 7.7 fewer points per game at home (60.6) than away (68.3).
- The Hurricanes have fared worse offensively over their last 10 games, averaging 65.3 points per contest, 5.2 fewer points their than season average of 70.5.
© 2023 Data Skrive. All rights reserved.