Pirates vs. Rangers Probable Starting Pitchers Today - May 22
The Texas Rangers (29-17) aim to add on to their three-game winning streak when they take on the Pittsburgh Pirates (24-22) on Monday at 6:35 PM ET, at PNC Park.
This contest's pitching matchup is set, as the Rangers will send Dane Dunning (4-0) to the mound, while Luis Ortiz (0-2) will get the nod for the Pirates.
Bet Now: Get the latest odds for this matchup and pitcher props on BetMGM
Pirates vs. Rangers Pitcher Matchup Info
- Date: Monday, May 22, 2023
- Time: 6:35 PM ET
- TV: SportsNet PT
- Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- Venue: PNC Park
- Live Stream: Watch this game on Fubo!
- Probable Pitchers: Dunning - TEX (4-0, 1.69 ERA) vs Ortiz - PIT (0-2, 5.63 ERA)
Watch live MLB games on all your devices! Sign up now for a free trial to Fubo!
Read More About This Game
|Pirates Injury Report|
|Rangers vs Pirates Betting Trends & Stats|
|Rangers vs Pirates Player Props|
|Rangers vs Pirates Prediction|
|How to Watch Rangers vs Pirates|
|Rangers vs Pirates Odds|
Pirates Probable Starting Pitcher Tonight: Luis Ortiz
- Ortiz (0-2) gets the start for the Pirates, his third of the season.
- The righty last appeared on Tuesday against the Detroit Tigers, when he threw three innings, allowing three earned runs while giving up seven hits.
- Opposing hitters have compiled a batting average of .359 against him this season. He has a 5.63 ERA and 4.5 strikeouts per nine innings over his two appearances.
- Ortiz heads into the matchup with one outing of five or more innings pitched this campaign.
Try FanDuel Fantasy today with our link and make your perfect team!
Rangers Probable Starting Pitcher Tonight: Dane Dunning
- Dunning (4-0) will take to the mound for the Rangers and make his fourth start of the season.
- The right-hander gave up one earned run and allowed six hits in six innings pitched against the Atlanta Braves on Wednesday.
- The 28-year-old has pitched in 11 games this season with a 1.69 ERA and 5.5 strikeouts per nine innings with a batting average against of .195.
- He's going for his third straight quality start.
- Dunning has pitched five or more innings in three straight games and will look to extend that streak.
Not all offers available in all states, please visit BetMGM for the latest promotions for your area. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.
© 2023 Data Skrive. All rights reserved.