Pirates vs. Rangers Predictions & Picks: Odds, Moneyline, Spread - May 23
Published: May. 23, 2023 at 12:41 PM EDT|Updated: May. 23, 2023 at 5:41 PM EDT
Tuesday's game that pits the Texas Rangers (29-18) versus the Pittsburgh Pirates (25-22) at PNC Park has a good chance to be a close matchup based on our computer prediction, which projects a final score of 6-3 in favor of the Rangers. Game time is at 6:35 PM ET on May 23.
The probable pitchers are Nathan Eovaldi (5-2) for the Rangers and Rich Hill (4-3) for the Pirates.
Pirates vs. Rangers Game Info & Odds
- When: Tuesday, May 23, 2023 at 6:35 PM ET
- Where: PNC Park in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- How to Watch on TV: SportsNet PT
- Live Stream: Watch this game on Fubo!
Bet on this matchup with BetMGM, the King of Sportsbooks!
Pirates vs. Rangers Score Prediction
Our prediction for this contest is Rangers 5, Pirates 4.
Total Prediction for Pirates vs. Rangers
- Total Prediction: Over 8 runs
New to BetMGM Sportsbook? We've got the best offer for new users! Be sure to use our link to get this great bonus for first-time depositors.
Explore More About This Game
|Pirates Injury Report|
|Rangers vs Pirates Betting Trends & Stats|
|Rangers vs Pirates Player Props|
|Rangers vs Pirates Pitching Matchup|
|How to Watch Rangers vs Pirates|
|Rangers vs Pirates Odds|
Pirates Performance Insights
- In eight games as the underdog over the last 10 matchups, the Pirates have a record of 4-4.
- In its last 10 matchups with a total posted by oddsmakers, Pittsburgh and its opponents are 4-5-1 when it comes to hitting the over.
- The last 10 Pirates games have not had a spread set by oddsmakers.
- The Pirates have been chosen as underdogs in 34 games this year and have walked away with the win 16 times (47.1%) in those games.
- Pittsburgh has a win-loss record of 5-5 when favored by +135 or worse by bookmakers this year.
- The Pirates have an implied victory probability of 42.6% according to the moneyline set for this matchup.
- Averaging 4.4 runs per game (209 total), Pittsburgh is the 17th-highest scoring team in the majors.
- Pirates pitchers have a combined ERA of 3.76 ERA this year, seventh-best in baseball.
Put your picks to the test and bet on with BetMGM Sportsbook.
|May 17||@ Tigers||W 8-0||Rich Hill vs Eduardo Rodríguez|
|May 19||Diamondbacks||W 13-3||Johan Oviedo vs Zac Gallen|
|May 20||Diamondbacks||L 4-3||Mitch Keller vs Brandon Pfaadt|
|May 21||Diamondbacks||L 8-3||Roansy Contreras vs Merrill Kelly|
|May 22||Rangers||W 6-4||Luis Ortiz vs Dane Dunning|
|May 23||Rangers||-||Rich Hill vs Nathan Eovaldi|
|May 24||Rangers||-||Johan Oviedo vs Martín Pérez|
|May 26||@ Mariners||-||Mitch Keller vs George Kirby|
|May 27||@ Mariners||-||Roansy Contreras vs Luis Castillo|
|May 28||@ Mariners||-||Luis Ortiz vs Marco Gonzales|
|May 29||@ Giants||-||Rich Hill vs Anthony DeSclafani|
© 2023 Data Skrive. All rights reserved.