Pirates vs. Cubs: Odds, spread, over/under - September 19
Cody Bellinger's Chicago Cubs (78-72) and Bryan Reynolds' Pittsburgh Pirates (70-80) will match up in the series opener on Tuesday, September 19 at Wrigley Field. The matchup will begin at 7:40 PM ET.
The Cubs are listed as -175 moneyline favorites for this matchup with the Pirates (+145). A 9-run total has been set in the contest.
Pirates vs. Cubs Time and TV Channel
- Date: Tuesday, September 19, 2023
- Time: 7:40 PM ET
- TV: MARQ
- Location: Chicago, Illinois
- Venue: Wrigley Field
- Probable Pitchers: Javier Assad - CHC (3-3, 3.10 ERA) vs Bailey Falter - PIT (2-8, 4.40 ERA)
Watch live sports and TV without cable on all your devices with a seven-day free trial to Fubo!
Pirates vs. Cubs Betting Odds, Run Line and Total
Here's a look at the odds, run line and over/under for this matchup listed at different sportsbooks.
|Cubs Moneyline||Pirates Moneyline||Run Line||Total|
|BetMGM||-175||+145||-||9||Bet on this game with BetMGM|
Looking to bet on the Pirates versus Cubs game but don't know where to start? Consider some of the most common betting types, such as the moneyline, run line, and total. A moneyline bet, such as the Pirates (+145) in this matchup, means that you think the Pirates will win, simple as that! And if they do, and you bet $10, you'd get $24.50 back.
And that's not all. There are lots of other ways to bet, as well. For example, you can wager on player props (will Ke'Bryan Hayes get a hit?), parlays (combining picks from different games to multiply your potential winnings), and more. Visit the BetMGM website and app for additional info on the many ways you can bet on games.
Ready to place your bet? Click here and enter bonus code "GNPLAY" to claim your BetMGM promo today.
Explore More About This Game
|Pirates Injury Report|
|Cubs vs Pirates Betting Trends & Stats|
|Cubs vs Pirates Pitching Matchup|
|Cubs vs Pirates Prediction|
|How to Watch Cubs vs Pirates|
Pirates vs. Cubs Betting Trends and Insights
- The Cubs have won 47, or 56%, of the 84 games they've played as favorites this season.
- When playing as moneyline favorites with odds of -175 or shorter, the Cubs have gone 7-8 (46.7%).
- The moneyline for this contest implies a 63.6% chance of a victory for Chicago.
- The Cubs played as the moneyline favorite in nine of their last 10 games, and went 2-7 in those matchups.
- In its last 10 outings -- all had a set run total -- Chicago and its opponents combined to hit the over on the total two times.
- The Pirates have come away with 50 wins in the 118 contests they have been listed as the underdogs in this season.
- The Pirates have a win-loss record of 16-16 when favored by +145 or worse by bookmakers this year.
- The Pirates have played as underdogs in six of their past 10 games and won two of those contests.
- When it comes to hitting the over, Pittsburgh and its opponents are 4-6-0 in the last 10 games with a total.
Want a different way to play? Put together your best lineup of players and you could win cash prizes! Sign up for FanDuel Fantasy using our link for the best first-time player offer.
Pirates Futures Odds
|Odds||MLB Rank||NL Central Rank|
|Win World Series||+100000||17th||4th|
|Win NL Central||+100000||-||5th|
Think the Pirates can win it all? Check out the latest futures odds for Pittsburgh and place your bets with BetMGM Sportsbook! Be sure to use our link and enter the bonus code "GNPLAY" for special offers.
Not all offers available in all states, please visit sportsbook websites for the latest promotions for your area. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.
© 2023 Data Skrive. All rights reserved.